SafeMech can help you compile a CE marking Technical File to support the CE marking on your
A Technical File is a collection of documentation describing how a product meets the
requirements of the Directives relevant to it.
The individual Directives broadly specify what needs to go into a technical file. The contents vary between
Directives but typical content would be:-
- A description of the equipment including drawings and circuit diagrams
- A checklist against the Essential Requirements of the relevant Directive
- A checklist against the requirements of relevant standards
- Calculations and test reports
- Copy of User instructions
SafeMech has a lot of experience of compiling Technical Files. We have templates for the Technical File
itself and documents that it should contain. Because of this experience, we can normally compile a Technical File
much faster than a manufacturer's own staff.
In particular we can quickly create risk assessments and an Essential Health and Safety Requirements (EHSR)
checklist for Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC Technical Files.
Once we have complied one Technical File, in many cases, it can be used by the manufacturer's own staff
as a template for the creation of others for other equipment in the manufacturer's product range.